Sunday, March 23, 2014

The whirlwind begins...

I should have known better than to say that the whirlwind had stopped! 

I pushed the publish button of my last post...and then the phone rang.  It was Becky from Parkston.  "Can I have you tomorrow?"  (i.e. "Can you sub????")

My answer?

"Yes!" 

Here's a secret.  I like to sub.  It's a challenge -- an enormous challenge.  After all, I can't "plan."  I have to jump in with two feet and pray.  But it separates me from my perfectionist tendencies and forces me to realize that I can't control the world with pre-planning. 

Besides that, I really like the kids and the school and the teachers.

It's one thing to come in as an author (like I've been doing throughout South Dakota and Kansas for the last month).  But it's entirely different to be in the trenches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment