Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Franklin County Literature Festival

This Wednesday found me in Ottawa, Kansas, at the Franklin County Literature Festival.

What an honor!  I spoke here several years ago and was thrilled to be invited back again.  As usual, the organization of the event was top-notch.  I can't say enough about Vickie, Linda, and the others who work together with the community to bring authors and students together.

It was also great to see familiar faces from years ago (maybe even decades ago???), including Mary Casanova (who first encouraged me with If I Had a Snowplow in 1996) and Dandi Daily Mackall (who I met at Chautauqua in 1996 or 1997).  And I even got to meet Robert Burleigh, whose work I have admired for years.

Now I'm back in Lindsborg at my parents' house.  For the last three weeks, I've been on the road more than I've been off...and it's time for a good night's sleep.  Tomorrow morning I'm speaking again, this time to a small group at Bethany Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment