Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kansas recap

Okay, the whirlwind has stopped for the time being.

But first, a recap on the Kansas whirlwind.  After the Franklin County Lit Festival on Wednesday, I had a relaxing supper with my parents. On Thursday morning I headed to Bethany Home to speak to residents.  On Thursday afternoon, I headed straight to VisionTech (Lindsborg's charter school) for help getting nonfiction samples together on a pdf for my agent, Alexandra Penfold.

Then Friday.  Wow!  In the morning, I spoke to students at Marquette Elementary School, one of the best schools in Kansas (which unfortunately is closing after this year).  In the afternoon, I spoke at Soderstrom Elementary to the third and fourth graders. 

It could have been disaster.  (A gym full of kids in the last hour of the day before dismissal for spring break. Ack!!!)  But the students were inquisitive and attentive. Phew!

And yes, it was amazing to see the kids of friends I went to school with...and to be standing in the "old gym" -- the same gym still packed with memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment