Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Been South and East, Now Heading West!

Whew!  Things are starting to get busy again with speaking and school visits.

Last weekend, I attended the Nebraska Novel Retreat where I led two session.  From there, I was off to Omaha for the start of an exciting new project. 

Today, I'm heading west to Rapid City for a school visit at South Canyon Elementary.  Really, this is the best part about being an author.  I love researching and writing, but being surrounded by kids is the icing on the cake. 

Mary Pleiss is accompanying me on this trip and will be doing short presentations about the geology of Mount Rushmore.  (I'm hoping to sit in on one of them!)

Speaking of Mary, she'll be here in Mitchell within the hour, and then we need to get on the road.  Our goal is to take a quick side trip up to Mount Rushmore.  I love being there during the off-season.

No comments:

Post a Comment