Tuesday, February 11, 2014

And I begin . . .

This blog is going to be a work in progress.  If you're reading this today (Feb. 11), you'll be seeing only the bare bones.

For years, I've only had my trusty website.  But since my writing life is picking up, I need to become a more visible.  Thus, the blog.  (I'm probably the biggest techno-dinosaur around, so we'll soon find out how user-friendly this Blogger stuff is!)

Okay, here's the first bit of news:  In January, I completed an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from the Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA).

The MFA behind my name is nice, but the real reason I went through the program was to improve and grow as a writer. Now my goal is to continue to grow and to help others with their writing.

And with that, here's more good news....

I've been added to the South Dakota Arts Council's roster of artists for the "Artists in Schools and Communities" program.  Yay!!  More on this tomorrow.  But if you need info now, here's the link:  http://www.artscouncil.sd.gov/aisc/

No comments:

Post a Comment