Saturday, October 18, 2014

Questions from kids...


I'm catching my breath after two full weeks of residencies for the South Dakota Arts Council. 

The first week of October, I worked with second graders at Lincoln Elementary School in Aberdeen, South Dakota.  (These kids can write!)  Last week, I commuted back and forth from home to St. Mary's Elementary in Salem, South Dakota, where I had another great week.

You never know what to expect though.  I always tell kids they can ask me whatever they want.  Well, yesterday morning I pulled out a batch of questions that the kids had written to me.  On the first crumpled piece of paper was this question:  "Have you ever had lice?"  The second question:  "Do you like CHLOROX?" 

Yep, fifteen years of author visits and the questions continue to amaze me. 

Tomorrow, I drive to Ipswich, South Dakota (about 30 miles west of Aberdeen) for another week in the schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment