Sunday, October 5, 2014

Back again!

After a long break, I'm back at the blog!

As we speak, I'm in Aberdeen, South Dakota, preparing for a week at Lincoln Elementary School as an artist-in-residence.  Don't get your hopes up -- I haven't turned into an illustrator!  Rather, I'm a "literary artist," showing kids what authors really do. 

Even that's kind of funny -- I can just imagine myself sitting in front of the classroom staring at my computer screen, typing away!

In all seriousness, I'll be showing them that writing involves more than just the pencil on paper or the hands on the keyboard.  Much of it has to do with movement and observation.  (More on that tomorrow.)

In the meantime, here's a photo of a rainbow that I took with my cell phone about 6:00 this evening, somewhere north of Plankinton on Hwy 281.  (Don't worry, I pulled off the road!)

I'm thankful for the decent weather.  In a few more weeks, we could be looking at sundogs instead! 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment